Taking advice can be a daunting process, whether you are looking to take financial advice for the first time or whether you’ve taken financial advice in the past. Our finances often take a low priority because they can be complex and the advice process can be boring and ridged. Clients appreciate our ability to make the financial planning process both simple and enjoyable.
Financial advice is sought at all stages throughout the financial planning cycle as shown below and is ideal whether you are accessing your finances for the first time and setting up your first policy, or want to know more about your retirement options.
Financial Planning Cycle
The four key areas of personal financial planning are:
- Protection – insurance policies to give you and your family financial security and peace of mind
- Pensions – all features of personal and employer schemes
- Savings & Investments – ISA’s, bonds, unit trusts and more
- Professional Partners – legal, tax, deposits/lending and general insurance
Below you can see how we work with our clients throughout the financial planning process.
Financial Planning Process
We have busy lives, so our finances often take a low priority because they can be complex. There are lots of ways to go wrong without creating a financial plan. Finding the right financial planner for you can feel like taking a big leap of faith, whether you are looking to take financial advice for the first time or whether you’ve taken financial advice in the past. We understand this and give you the opportunity to speak to us about our services at no cost to you. Our initial consultation is always free of charge and will give you the opportunity to see if we’d be a good fit for you.
Following the initial free consultation, we give you time to decide if you would like to appoint AGL as your financial planner. If you choose to proceed, we will guide you through the six step process shown below; this ensures that you have a clear path to follow, and you receive consistent, high quality financial advice.
- Discovery — the initial meeting is a chance for you to ask questions and understand our service and our fee structure. It is also an opportunity for us to find out what help you require so we can discuss the options available to you from our menu of services
- Research — we gather information about your existing financial arrangements, complete a full risk profile and analyse your current savings and investments to see if they match your risk profile and possible new arrangements
- Plan — we create a detailed Financial Plan to suit your objectives and situation
- Proposal — this meeting is when we present and explain your Financial Plan to you, giving you time to consider the options and understand each aspect of our recommendation
- Implement — we then implement the recommendations, handling all policy information on your behalf and send you confirmation of all actions taken on your behalf in writing
- Review — the ongoing review and management service offers an annual meeting to assess any changes in your circumstances, to update you on your financial plan and agree any changes to your financial goals
Over the forthcoming weeks, I will be sharing some case studies of clients at different stages of the financial life cycle which may resonate with your own personal circumstances.
Ashleigh Taylor, Financial Planner
If you’ve got any questions, or want to know more, do get in touch. You can follow us on LinkedIn (AGL Wealth) (AGL Corporate), Twitter (@AglWealth) (@AGLCorpServ) or download our informative brochures from our websites to get our latest thoughts on investing and financial planning, and for updates about AGL Wealth Management and AGL Corporate Services.